We are recruiting a Technical Manager Variety Registration and Seed Marketing
ESA European Seed Association (www.euroseeds.eu) is recruiting a Technical Manager Variety Registration and Seed Marketing to work full time at the ESA General Secretariat’s office in Brussels, Belgium
The “Technical Manager Variety Registration and Seed Marketing” will work closely with the ESA membership and, as part of the ESA Policy Team, under the guidance of the Secretary General to whom he/she will be reporting. The Manager represents ESA on all relevant variety registration matters (DUS protocols, VCU testing, etc.) towards the responsible EU institutions, specifically the EU Commission, the CPVO Community Plant Variety Office and national plant variety offices, UPOV, etc.. The Manager shall become the spokesperson of the EU seed sector on these subjects and assure multiplication of European activities at international level as required.
The Technical Manager will support and animate some of ESA’s Crop Sections and Working Groups; further tasks may be assigned in line with the association’s needs and individual expertise and experience.
ESA welcomes applications of young professionals with some work experience in the relevant fields, as well as graduates with the respective academic background for whom specific training would be provided.
The position requires regular travel, mainly in Europe.
- Monitoring of EU plant variety registration and seed marketing legislation, incl. regular contact with relevant EU Commission services
- Providing input to technical Protocols for variety examination, denominations, etc. on the base of ESA membership consultations
- Representing ESA at EU level and in international bodies on relevant technical issues in the area of variety registration and seed marketing
- Management and animation of some of ESA’s Crop Sections and Section Working Groups, including preparation of meetings, minuting and follow-up
- Solid plant science / agricultural background (University level education)
- Practical plant breeding experience in a seed company and/or research institute essential
- Understanding of variety development and registration welcomed
- Basic knowledge of EU political and regulatory framework an asset
- Able to communicate with technical experts
- Able to explain technical issues to laymen
- Very strong written and spoken EN (working language); further languages an asset
- Computer literate
Personality and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, service oriented
- Tactful in dealing with people, also under pressure
- Discretion, good judgment ability, flexibility and versatility
- Organizational skills, management ability
- Team player with initiative and ability to work independently
- Curiosity and affinity to new technologies and tools
- Creative and innovative
Interested candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and salary expectations to:
email@example.com and mark it with “ESA TM”.
Application deadline: 07.06.2017
First selection round: 12-16.06.2017; Second selection round: 26-30.06.2017
Starting date: earliest possible date
ESA European Seed Association represents the European seed sector towards EU institutions and bodies, other seed related public authorities on European and international level, media and relevant third parties. Its membership comprises more than 30 national seed associations and more than 70 individual companies. The ESA Secretariat staff is 7 policy managers, supported by two assistants and led by the Secretary General.