Euroseeds is recruiting an Assistant Manager Communication and Administration to work full time at the Euroseeds General Secretariat’s office in Brussels, Belgium.
As “Assistant Manager Communication and Administration”, you will work closely with the Euroseeds membership and dedicated team members on Euroseeds’ communication activities, specifically in relation to information and dissemination actions related to EU funded research projects to which Euroseeds contributes. Furthermore, you will support the association’s website management and on-line communications by regular updates, social media activities, media monitoring etc., assisting the Euroseeds Manager Communications and the Manager Project Communications.
Together with the “Assistant Manager Accounting and Administration”, you will support team and members in the preparation of internal and external meetings, receive visitors and answer general inquiries from suppliers as well as Belgian administrative bodies by phone, electronic communication and face to face.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- support information and dissemination activities in relation to EU projects
- website management and updates
- assist in the creation and development of other communication tools and material
- social media updates and coordination
- assist in media monitoring
- general administrative support
- answer and direct calls, take and relay messages (front desk)
- deal with queries from members and suppliers
- scheduling of appointments and organisation of travels
- prepare meetings incl. organisation of catering
- relevant education and work experience in a related field
- excellent PC knowledge and skills and professional use of relevant MS package and applications
- very solid experience with website CMS (preferably WordPress)
- solid experience with social media tools and processes (knowledge of graphic design software an asset)
- excellent English and solid French; further languages an asset
Personality and skills
- professional personal presentation
- excellent interpersonal skills, customer and service oriented
- tactful in dealing with people, also under pressure
- discretion, good judgment ability, flexibility and versatility
- organisational and planning skills with attention to detail
- practical, reliable, team player
Interested candidates should send their motivation letter, pointing out relevant experience to the job description, as well as their CV including salary expectation (standard Belgian contract) to:firstname.lastname@example.org and mark it with “Assistant Communication and Administration”.
Application deadline: 11. October 2019
first round 28. – 31. October 2019;
second round for selected candidates 12. – 13.11.2019
Starting date: earliest possible date
Euroseeds represents the European seed sector towards EU institutions and bodies, other seed related public authorities on European and international level, media and relevant third parties. Its membership comprises more than 30 national seed associations and more than 60 individual companies. The Euroseeds Secretariat staff is 9 policy managers, supported by two assistants and led by the Secretary General.