Discover seed treatment and the ESTA scheme: ESTA factsheets now available
ESA has just published a new set of factsheets to explain the importance of ESTA, the quality scheme to ensure the safe treatment of seed against pest and diseases.
Why ESTA matters?
What is seed treatment? What are its advantages? How ESTA is implemented across different European countries and beyond? Why a seed treatement site should get the ESTA certification?
ESTA European Seed Treatment Assurance Scheme - Facts and Benefits for the Seed Industry (pdf)
ESTA European Seed Treatment Assurance Scheme - Facts and Benefits for Policy Makers (pdf)
Did you know?
- ESTA has more than 90 certified sites in 15 different countries and is a recognized standard across EU.
- ESTA is used in 7 different agricultural crops: maize, oilseed rape, sunflower, sugar beet, cereals, vegetables and protein crops.
- ESTA is extended also outside the European Union with treatment sites certified in Ukraine and Turkey.
- ESTA is being operated by Agents who have the specific infrastructure, knowledge, competence and cooperate with ESA in the implementation of the ESTA scheme.
- ESTA provides guidance for treated seed, translated in 26 different languages which facilitates adoption.